Convection occurs when heat travels upwards through air or liquid and in turn heats objects it surrounds. Warmer air becomes less dense causing it to be lighter and rise. Convention can also occur sideways as in a wind. It is usually not a problem in the summer, but it can be an energy sponge in the winter. The culprit is moisture (or Convection). Our daily activities of cooking, showering, drying clothes, etc. will cause Convection and allows moisture to easily pass through our ceilings and into our Insulation. With just a 1 1/2% increase in moisture content, Conduction takes place and a 36% decrease in insulation performance will occur. Carefully calculated ventilation in your attic will take care of this problem.
Proper ventilation will reduce your home's energy consumption in warm months and prevent the damaging effect of moisture buildup in the colder months. Attic Comfort utilizes a variety of ventilation techniques and hardware to maximize your home's energy efficiency and increase the performance of our Radiant Barrier.
Benefits of Proper Attic Ventilation
Attic Comfort will carefully assess your home's ventilation needs and incorporate wind turbines, roof louvers, ridge vents and / or power ventilators into a customized Comfortable Attic Program to meet your needs. Proper attic ventilation will:
- lower your attic temperature in warmer months;
- help prevent the damaging effects of moisture buildup during colder weather;
- help prevent premature aging of your shingles;
- create a more comfortable environment in your home and attic;
- will lower your annual cooling and heating costs by at least 12% with this product alone;
- will increase the value of your home;
- will pay for itself after an average of 2-4 years of energy savings; and
- Help conserve our nation's limited energy supply.
Free, No-Obligation, In-Home Consultation
Attic Comfort wants to make it as easy as possible for you to learn more about the benefits of our Comfortable Attic Program. Contact us to schedule a free, no obligation, in-home consultation. An Attic Comfort energy savings specialist will complete a thorough analysis of your home's attic and recommend a customized Comfortable Attic Program tailored to your needs. Don't delay ... Contact us today! There's no better time than now to maximize your home's energy efficiency and begin reducing your energy costs for years to come.